Friday, June 21, 2013


DAY 4   

     Many a Tuesday is spent with my BFF doing what we love to do best. Spreading the Kingdom message.  Because its summer we tend to do this by walking house to house. When at home I sit at my desk a lot so I appreciate getting out and being able to shuffle my feet. It will help me with my commitment to do a little more exercise each day. This morning is a perfect 77 degrees. Before leaving the house however I need to inspire. I take an easy way out by posting sayings from a favorite website SparkPeople. If you need menu ideas, inspiration or healthy food related information, this is a good place to start.

     My text for today:
          I started with a Saying "If you change nothing, nothing will change." Stop and think about that for a moment. You can keep eating like you've been eating for years. At the end of the year you will have packed on 10 more pounds. You will still have gut issues and will be unhappy with yourself, right? The slightest change like choosing a nectarine or slice of cantaloupe over that sugar topped blueberry muffin is change. A good change. Or packing a mix bag of nuts and cranberries instead of a bag of chips or Dorito's for snack. A small change. A good change. Doing this for at least 6 more days for the Challenge isn't a big sacrifice. It's change. For the better. For your health.
          "It's never a question of CAN you, but will you?"  Excuses like I'm too busy really says I don't want to reign my self in and give up my deep fried, sugar laden foods at the moment, thank you. I've heard people say,  There's nothing wrong with the way I eat. When I know good and well they are on medications for high blood pressure, cholesterol, arthritic pain and diabetes. Nooo...nothing wrong there. or can I say "You are what you eat!"
          There was a time when I was totally ignorant of how bad processed foods and refined sugars are for the human body. But, in this day and age there is really no excuse to stay ignorant. Accurate knowledge of nutrition is everywhere. Oh sure, they can't agree if coffee is good for you today or if eggs are really as bad as first thought. Don't get caught up in it all. Just start somewhere. If not a 10 Day Challenge then one day at a time.

     I end by saying fruits and berries have a powerful anti-oxidant and synergistic properties that work to give cells mitochondria their power to get healthy and stay healthy. So unless you have a severe problem with natural sugars, Eat More Fruit. (The July issue of Life Extention has a wonderful article describing the benefits of each individual berry and how they work with the body for health) 
          I don't mean to be hard on you but this is the kind of conversations I have with myself. Now I put them in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment