Friday, June 21, 2013


DAY 3 
    
     It's Monday. Lazy days and Mondays always get me down. But not today. I feel empowered. Light on my feet. Ready to pound some pavement as they say. But before that I have some plain yogurt with 2 drops of chocolate raspberry stevia and a pile of fresh cut fruit. Strawberries, blueberry, raspberry, grapes and melon. All soaked for 10 minutes in a sink full of water with a cup of apple cider vinegar. Then rinsed well. I don't want any unnecessary toxins climbing aboard my palate this morning. Summer is here with all the delicious, delectable, delicate fruitage. Makes use of God's gift of bountiful delights while they are fresh for the eating.

 My inspiration for this Day 3 is:

     Good Morning friends. It's the beginning of a new week and a new way to look at yourself. Go to your mirror. Look at yourself. Say, "Self, it isn't easy to break the cycle of poor eating habits but I am worth every effort it takes. I am determined to choose healthier foods." Now turn away from the mirror, quit looking at the bags and wrinkles. But remember what you just said to yourself.

    "If we are creating ourselves all the time then it's never too late to begin creating the bodies we want instead of the ones we mistakenly assume we are stuck with." Deepak Chopra 
     Fill your plate with more fruits and vegetables. Whole foods fill you up not out. Forget the chips, grab and apple. Instead of McDonalds chicken sandwich, put chicken slices in lettuce with tomato, avocado, Mrs. Dash and a little dressing making a lettuce roll-up. Yes I know it takes a little more planning but you are worth it.

    

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie, letting you know I appreciate your early morning texts, they really are helping me keep on track. I had cheerios and banana's with honey for breakfast and a veggie wrap for lunch.
    PK

    ReplyDelete