Friday, June 21, 2013

DAY 2

     It's Sunday morning which means we're always in a rush. Before getting out of bed I make sure to come up with some words of wisdom to give support to my five friends. Being an avid reader and viewer of anything health, a few statistics popped into my head.  I thought if I actually remembered them then they must be worth relating.  Here's Day 2's encouragement. 

     "About 80% of the food on super market shelves today did not exists 100 years ago." (really I don't think most exists even 50 years ago) Neither was there epidemic proportions of cancers, heart disease, auto immune disease or mental health disease.
Correlation?
     "The center of the super market is for boxed, frozen, processed, made to-sit-on-shelves-foods. You have to ask yourself, if this food was designed to last for months and months on shelves, what is it doing in my body? Nothing good that's for sure."
     Choose wisely today.  Your body will love you for it.

   That's what I texted. And minutes later I had my first confirmation that my little "texts" are appreciated. Then a few minutes more another confirmation and then another. Thank you girls for your kind thoughts and comments. Knowing others are trying to get their eating habits under healthier control helps me do the same. You help me, I help you.

    So like many households crammed for time I toast a piece of Udi bread, slather on my daughters homemade Rhubarb jam, grab a cup of coffee (yes with my favorite creamer) and an 8 oz. glass of water with 2 tablespoons of 100% real Cranberry concentrate and a half dropper of Systemic Detox added.
     I sit down at my desk finishing up my Watchtower and try to taste every taste of that bread and jam. Slowing down trying to do the 20 chew chew. You know things taste better when you really think about what your eating, trying to distinguish each individual taste and sensation.  The smell and crunch of the toast, the sweetness and the tart of the rhubarb jam. The stickiness as it hits my lips. The aroma of fresh brewed coffee with a hit of cinnamon vanilla.  The tart cranberry in the water. Wow... For a mad dash breakfast, this tastes pretty good.
If you lucky enough to have a raspberry farm around, I suggest experiencing a day at "pickin". It's relaxing and fun. You and nature.
I will be hosting a raspberry picking day in August. Contact me if your interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment