Saturday, July 6, 2013

No Bread Sandwich, What?

     Thanks to all who are sending me text messages about their journey and what they are doing to change their food choices for the better. Ku-doos to You! Keep the good news coming.
     I heard from one that IF you choose to post Anonymously then it allows you to post. Otherwise i'm thinking you may have to have a Google account to post by name. The Internet is sporadic to say the least, I apologize but will continue posting as I can. In the meantime you'll get a text and email.
     Yesterday I sent all of you a link to a very cool web page called "Fifteen No Bread Sandwiches." A few have already responded saying they are excited to start making them. I do congratulate you who have turned from white bread to wheat. However, the wheat, even in "100%" wheat bread is NOT made from the kind of  wheat that Jesus' disciples plucked and ate. Original wheat had more than 40 chromosomes each working synergistically with our body when broken down by chewing. Today's wheat contains about 10 chromosomes. I'm sure that scientists thought by changing the DNA of wheat it would grow faster, be more hardy, last longer...who knows. But, Jehovah made it perfectly the first time round. So if the bread you purchase is in the inner grocery isles, it's made from substandard wheat and it's got tons of preservatives to keep it "fresh" on the shelves.

     I will have to do research on where and what grains are in Ezekiel and Udi bread. They boast whole grains, no preservatives, organic so no pesticides and herbicides. If you are going to eat bread a couple times a week I suggest trying to change over to Ezekiel, Udi (gluten free) found in the frozen food section, and must be refrigerated. We have to retrain our palates to enjoy foods that arn't sugar filled and full of preservatives if we want to get healthy.
     With that said I am posting the link my daughter and I found incredible. Check it out and text me which sandwich you decided to make this week. Take pictures and send them.

     http://buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/15-mouthwatering-no-bread-sandwiches http://buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/15-mouthwatering-no-bread-sandwiches

2 comments:

  1. Hey Julie, thanks for all the good info. Hope you and Larry are having a good time in Michigan. AS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love some of these ideas! I'll let you know which one ends up my favorite!

    ReplyDelete